Design consultation terms and conditions
- The Vehicle Wrapping Centre Limited (VWC) will answer briefs provided, utilising industry knowledge along with thorough research to produce a design, the Design Services.
- VWC will commence and deliver the agreed Design Services without a financial deposit, and on the understanding that if the Client progresses with an order for vinyl print, production and/or application that represents more than ten times the Design Service costs, the Design Service cost will be waived.
- VWC requires reasonable time to complete work requested by the Client to the highest possible standard.
- VWC will ensure that agreed delivery dates for the design are met.
- In order to manage the project details (such as costs, schedules and amends) more effectively, please keep project correspondence in written form via email.
- We endeavour to respond to any specific queries, questions, or quote requests within one business day.
- Estimates are provided in writing and issued via email.
- Changes to the agreed specification of a project will be discussed with the Client, and any effects to the project schedule and cost estimates will be provided for approval.
- VWC will not participate in unpaid work, whether that is speculative work or pitches.
- Discussion and negotiation of costs should happen before the estimate has been agreed, unless the course of the project requires new estimates or costs to be added at a later stage.
- Accepting an estimate is confirmation of project commitment. Cancellation after this stage may result in reimbursement of VWC’s costs.
- Estimates are valid for 30 days.
- Items not outlined in the original estimates may incur extra costs. This will depend on specific project requirements which can evolve over the lifespan of a project.
- All costs will be recorded and be made clear to the Client before proceeding.
- Extra costs will be added to the final invoice.
- Extra costs may include (but are not limited to):
- Sourcing and purchasing imagery and illustration from stock libraries
- Sourcing and purchasing fonts and typefaces
- Sourcing and purchasing print materials and processes
- Outsourcing photographers, illustrators, typographers or any third-parties that may be necessary to fulfil the project requirements
- Other digital services required to fulfil project requirements
- Physical and digital mock-ups
- Delivery of printed finals, items and samples
- Travel costs
- Accommodation costs
Payment of Costs
- If extra work is required during the project which is not outlined in the original estimate, VWC will inform the Client and costs will be added accordingly once agreed. They will be included in the final invoice along with any Extra Costs agreed during the duration of the project.
- Payments must be made within 28 days of the final invoice date or may be subject to additional charges.
- All work, physical and intellectual, remains the property of VWC until final payment has been received. Once final payment has been confirmed, ownership will be handed over unless stated otherwise.
- Unused and discarded concept work not included in final designs will remain the property of VWC
- If final payment is not made, or the project is cancelled before completion, VWC retains ownership and reserves the right to reuse or amend any ideas at will.
- Whilst always taking the utmost care, VWC cannot guarantee the exclusivity of any concept, design or other intellectual or physical property provided, nor will VWC accept liability for any unintentional similarities between work undertaken and third-party property.
- VWC reserves the right to use creative concepts and final design work for the purposes of marketing activities (both online and offline) unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
- It is not permitted for any person to copy, use or reproduce any work or content created by VWC, without the consent of VWC.
TERMINATING A PROJECT
- VWC Limited will endeavour to create the best possible work for any given project. Due to the varying nature of creative work and timescales provided by clients, results can inevitably vary. If the Client is not satisfied with work produced under this agreement, VWC must be given the opportunity to in the first instance rectify it in a timely manner. In the event that the Client remains unhappy, the decision to terminate this agreement lies solely with VWC.
- If the Client chooses to leave the agreement, VWC reserves the right to request payment for the time spent up until the date of cancellation. VWC provides a service in which costs cover time spent, and these are non-refundable. Records of time spent are kept throughout the project, including Extra Costs.
- All work, physical or intellectual, undertaken before cancellation will remain property of VWC unless stated otherwise, and may be subject to a release fee in order to transfer ownership.
- VWC will take appropriate care to ensure the safety and security of physical and intellectual property belonging to the Client.
- VWC will not accept liability for any of the following:
- Spelling or grammatical errors in content supplied to VWC by the Client.
- Issues or errors with images and illustrations supplied to VWC by the Client.
- Once final proofs and materials have been signed off, VWC cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
- Any changes required after final sign-off may incur extra costs. In some cases, such as printed material, the possibility of making changes will depend on production.
This agreement indemnifies VWC in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any infringement of copyright , design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material published (both online and offline) for the Client. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on a lawyer’s advice in settlement of any claim.
VWC reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
These Terms and Conditions, and use of this website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
Any court proceedings shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.